May 1st is a legal holiday in Germany, so, this Monday is what we call a bridge day, meaning a lot of people take advantage of it to get two days in a row off for the price of taking just one day off work.
Guess who is on the bridge today, nautically speaking. And of course there are plenty of messes to clear up, too.
Tomorrow, though, I do have a day off. As DH will be out of town, I´m going to have that day all to myself.
What I intend to do with it is another round of decluttering, and maybe I´ll even start to rearrange our bedroom, meaning I still intend to exchange our present sleeping abode with what used to be the guest room, but is originally intended to be the master bedroom.
Now if it weren´t for DH´s heavy heirloom bookcase and desk which are blocking half of the future master bedroom...
Perhaps I should rather start things with a fresh coat of paint on the walls- that is necessary anyway, and I still have several buckets of wall paint in the cellar (I just hope that stuff doesn´t spoil...). Considering that moving closets around is a lot easier when there are two people to give a hand, that just might be a better solution. I sometimes tend to overestimate what I can do on my own. Mind you, every one of those closets I did bring home and assemble by myself once. But not the heavies, as in "queen size bed made of massive wood" or "desk the size of a door laid flat", and, as these must necessarily be moved, trying to do it alone isn´t such a good idea after all.
But perhaps I´ll do some painting. If I start with the corridor, I don´t even have to move too many items out of the way, so that just might be doable for just myself.
I´ll see if I feel like it tomorrow...
Julia
No comments:
Post a Comment