In front of our shower, just besides the scales, lies a red terrycloth foot towel to prevent slipping when getting out wet.
For the longest time, the wet footprints I left on that were looking like the full outline of my foot, with no trace left of an arch, and I had resigned myself to believing that all that extra weight must have collapsed the arches on my feet. I could, at that time, wear no shoes that didn´t have moulded insoles if I didn´t want my feet to start hurting badly after walking or standing for even a short moment.
When I looked at the wet footprints I left this morning, what I saw was... a healthy-looking footprint, with no trace of a flat foot any more. The change may be partly due to some fat having condensed off my feet, and the other part would be the reduced pressure from those seventy-plus pounds less weighing on them.
It´s a small detail, but one more thing to show me how far I have come. What it also shows me is that at least some of the changes in my body brought on by having been obese are really reversible.
And I´m glad about that.
Julia
1 comment:
I lost 70 pounds too...and my feet lost 1/2 size. Kinda cool, but my shoes are too big and I have expensive taste. Good for you for losing the weight...now stop smoking, please !!! It is even worse for you than obesity !!
sorry to lecture....All addictions are hard to undo.
Post a Comment