I did get to buy two baggies full of dried lavender yesterday. When I came home, I opened my handkerchief drawer to look for some hankies to convert to sachets, and chanced upon... a pack of nylon socks that I had bought some time ago, cheaply, and found out to be ill-fitting, so they weren´t worn at all.
As I wasn´t wearing them, they were actually clutter. Until yesterday, that is, because seeing them made me realize that those hankies were far more expensive to cut up for sachets, I would also have to sew those, and I wanted those lavender sachets fast in order to moth-proof my clothes storage and closet.
What I did was using the nylon socks as baggies, fill in some lavender flowers, tie a knot into them, and attach them, by the remaining end of the sock, to the hangers in my closet. The whole thing took me about ten minutes, and now I have a wonderfully lavender-scented closet. I may make some more of these- there are still plenty of socks left! And I just hope that it´s true what they say about moth keeping away from that smell.
Julia
No comments:
Post a Comment