This definitely wasn´t my kind of week, the weight I managed to lose notwithstanding.
I´m definitely looking forward to spending a quiet weekend with DH, except I am also on 24/24 emergency call over the weekend. I just hope there won´t be any, or at least none that require me to leave home to fix them.
On the up side of things, I do, once more, have a case of baggy trouser syndrome- with my smallest size pants, no less. It´s still not bad enough to make them unwearable, but I don´t think I´ll be able to wear them through more than another two or three kilo´s loss before they really start to bunch.
Has anybody else noticed that modern-day jeans don´t shrink any more in the wash? When I was a kid, that kind of size problem could have been easily remedied by simply laundering them at a slightly too-high temperature. In the fabrics they use today, that wouldn´t make any noticeable difference. Well, I still have several pairs of two-sizes-too-big pants, perhaps I should try to launder them at the highest temperature my washing mashine allows and see what happens. The worst that could happen was nothing, or having them shrink too much. As these are the same fabric as my present ones, I´d at least know if I could squeeze some more use out of them that way.
And there I was having vowed never in my life to wear hot pants ;).
Julia
No comments:
Post a Comment