No, I didn´t change my religion, if that´s what the headline made you think.
I just did something I hadn´t done for a while- calculate my weight loss, which I usually refer to in terms of kilograms, after all I live in metric country, in pounds.
This day, I have officially lost-drum roll, please!- seventy pounds. 32 kilograms. Three full buckets of water. Or, for the metrically impaired, about eight gallons. Seventy pounds that I do no longer have to carry along everywhere I go. In terms of wardrobe, that amounts to wearing six sizes less than I used to. In terms of mobility, it means I can walk up the stairs without pulling myself up by the handrail. I can put on stockings standing on one leg instead of having to fight to reach my feet while sitting on my bed.
And DH- who isn´t prone to flattery- remarked just a few days ago how different my walk was. I can walk straight again, instead of swaying sideways because I could only waddle any more.
And I have noticed that, what with my new fitting vest, my arms swing past my body when walking without having to hold my hands out at a five o´clock position so I didn´t get caught on my hips.
This feels good.
Julia
No comments:
Post a Comment