I promised accountability about the weekend, so here goes!
For the first time ever, I came home after a four-day holiday weekend and- lost! Just 80 percent of a pound, but a loss! Which brings me to a distance of just 200 grams from the point where I´ll be able to put that ten-kilo slider on my scales down another notch.
How I did it? This time, I had determined beforehand that I would not go off the wagon for the holidays. So, no chocolate eggs. No bread. No Easter pastries. No potatoes or pommes croquette. I had some rice with Good Friday´s fish dinner, but that was all. And apart from that, I just said no to whatever carby delights were offered.
Being below the limit of morbid obesity made things a bit easier for me there, because whenever someone (I´m talking about you, D(iet) H(azard)) offered me some carbohydrate rich stuff, I could remind myself that eating this would probably result in my going back up over the limit of obesity. After having to fight for so long to get below that point, I simply wasn´t going to risk having to do it all over again. None of those treats could possibly taste as good as it feels to be no longer obese.
As I was, once more, the designated cook for the holidays, I simply did not prepare any starchy side dishes for myself. I had brought along a bunch of precooked colored eggs, plus plenty of cottage cheese, which I had for breakfast instead of rolls and bread. Of the cheese and sausages that were offered, I took some small pieces, without bread, so I didn´t even feel deprived. For dinner, I partook from the vegetables and the roast, leaving the potato part to the rest of the family. I put some of the gravy on the meat, so I had all of the good taste without extra carbs.
Obviously, that worked.
There was another NSV over the weekend. I had mentioned my leather vests getting loose again.
On Saturday, I had a chance of visiting the factory outlet store I got these from to look for the next-smaller size.
Or so I thought.
When I came in, the salesperson recognized me from my previous visits and immediately asked me how much weight I had lost. She then proceeded to ask me what my present size in ladies´garments was. When I told her, she went to the vest rack and pulled out- my favourite vest in a size three sizes smaller than what I´d come into the shop in. I looked at her quite flabbergasted because I would have assumed that I´d gone down two sizes at the very most since my last visit. But when I tried that vest on, it fit. Closely, but it fit. I could button it, too. I tried on another of the same size, and that one, too, fit. One of them was a more rugged style of khaki-colored leather, the other a rather elegant dark brown velvety nubuck.
The very best thing about this is that the size I have reached now will probably fit me right down to goal weight without becoming too loose, this being the size in men´s vests I had been buying when I started wearing them some twenty-five years ago when I was only slightly overweight. Being female means being a bit wider around the hip and chest areas than a male of the same weight, so I need that size to accomodate both, even with the condensable matter gone.
What that means is that I will be able to wear the two vests I bought on Saturday for a long while. And they also happened to have a sale so I got those two vests for what would in another store have been the price of one.
And DH will, once again, profit from my changing size because he, too, has been condensing himself by several kilos and will thus be able to take over the vests I have shrunk out of. So, the investment (pun intended) will be doubly frugal.
Guess what, this is so much better than chocolate eggs or potatoes!
Julia
No comments:
Post a Comment