2012/04/24

Found space

Looks like the volume of a towel can be reduced by laundering and then refolding it. While that runs counter to what science would make me expect, it´s what I found out in the course of yesterday´s big laundry campaign. After laundering and folding, the towels I had, until then, kept in the corner wardrobe suddenly all fit into another (moth-free) cupboard, and they even look more tidy the way I folded them.
Now I still have to launder the bed linens, which I can, due to drying rack space being tight, do only one set at a time. But when that´s done, maybe I´ll finally be rid of the moths.
That a local drugstore, this week, was advertising for mothballs and such at a twenty-percent discount shows, at least, that we aren´t the only ones having that kind of problem... and it will make a certain necessary purchase a bit less pricey.
Weight-wise, I have been oscillating around that ten-kilo-notch mark for over a week now, sometimes a bit over, sometimes under. But at least the amplitude of these oscillations has gone down, as has my average weight.
The weekend´s closet cleanup, btw, also brought to light an old pair of "fat" trousers I have kept as a deterrent and for those comparison photographs. I had DH snap a pic of me wearing these on top of my running clothes- maybe I´ll feel ready to post it someday.
I´ve also been looking for an official "before" pic, but haven´t decided yet, there being plenty of pictures of me from my highest weight time, but in most of them I´ve managed to twist myself far enough to make that extra baggage appear less bad than it was. So I am still looking for the most candid pic of what used to be. 
But even whe I´ve not found that one yet, seeing the difference between those old pants and the body I have today  makes me glad to be out of there.


Julia

No comments: