I must be doing something right. My weight has been steadily going down for two months in a row, and this time, there being less condensable matter left on me, the results show even more than when I was losing weight at the same rate last year but still closer to my starting weight. I guess it has something to do with percentages- if I lose five kilos off 100 kilos, that´s five percent of my weight, if I lose those same five kilos off 90 kilos, that´s five point five percent, and so on. Right now, in total, I have lost about 22 percent off my highest ever weight, which means almost a quarter of old me gone, or, the other way around, I was weighing in at about 130 percent of what I weigh now.
That´s the good news.
The bad news is that yet another of my favourite leather vests had, by now, become so wide that I decided I couldn´t wear it any more. I mean, if you try to button a vest that closes in front and it overlaps so much when you pull it close to your body that they could sew on buttons under your arms and it would still close on those, that is too big. So, another farewell, apart that this vest, like its predecessors, will go to DH on whom it fits just fine after his latest weight loss.
As the vest I got myself this spring is cut somewhat tighter, it doesn´t mean I´m growing (or shrinking?) vestless yet. And, since the present weight loss seems to go along with a disproportionately big shrinkage of my body, I´d be silly to go shopping for new clothes yet while the old ones still are fitting relatively well. Besides, what with wearing warm sweaters under my vest in winter, the extra width will be coming in usefully.
And next spring, I just might be able to fit into the next or next-to-next size down. So, I´ll bear with the wide vest for now. And look forward to shrinking into yet another size I haven´t had in years.
Julia
No comments:
Post a Comment