2011/07/01

Weekend approaching...

and the start of a new month and the second half of the year. Time for a little summary.
Weight-wise, I am, after managing to get rid of another eight pounds temporarily, and then regaining every single one of them, only two pounds below where I started the year. 
That is not where I wanted to be. Not at all.
And I have to kick myself for it, because I have allowed the good habits that permitted my weight loss in the first place to slip, little by little returning to my old sedentary, bread-and-potato-eating habits.

What keeps me from kicking myself is that I did, this time, recognize what was happening before I gained everything back. This time it didn´t even require a burst zipper on my pants or any garment not fitting any more. Just the uncomfortable feeling of things getting just a bit tighter and my body becoming just a bit harder to move around. So, all in all, I am still fifteen kilos below what I weighed last year at the same time.
And the reboot, so to speak, is with an improved version of the hardware, compared to last year.
Were I to get off another fifteen kilos by December, I´d be less than six kilos away from normal weight.
And just seven kilos less would mean being just obese, not morbidly obese any more.
And that is something to look forward to.

Now I must be careful, after last week´s experience, to get off that ride where I lose during the week only to gain it all back on weekends. Luckily, there´s no more holidays ahead right now, so, no family visits and restaurant meals either.
I´ll see how far I´ll get this time.



Julia

No comments: