2011/07/13

Analyzing what I see and saw

The weather has continued doing cartwheels- now we have a forecast of exceptionally heavy rain and thunderstorms coming in.
This morning, there was a short break from rain, so, I did my morning walk alright. Part of the water retention has come off, too (I can see that because my rings are looser), and I am, by the middle of the week, back to where I was last week on Friday.

This see-sawing up and down is getting really frustrating by now. Had I not, every weekend, regained what I had lost during the week, I´d be back in onederland (non-metrically) already. The problem being that the deviations from my weekly routine, food-wise, aren´t really accounting for the dramatic gain every weekend, at least when I just add up the extra calories.
So it must be, not how much, but what I eat on weekends that I would not eat during the week.
Actually, there´s one single thing that comes to mind.
Bread, or baguettes, or croissants- white flour in every guise. I have, these last weeks, had one or two servings of them for breakfast every Saturday and Sunday. On top of my usual bacon-and-eggs.
As I said, perhaps a thousand calories all told, including the toppings. No caloric explanation for a gain of over four pounds between Friday and Monday.
It is something I do only when DH is home for the weekend. When he´s abroad, that kind of thing doesn´t even enter my kitchen. Really.
Perhaps I should try what happens if I don´t eat bread on the weekend, either.
Well, I have done that particular experiment, to tell the truth. Last year when DH was mostly out of town and I had to feed just myself.  And lost over fifteen kilos (33 pounds) within half a year.
So, it is quite probable that I really owe my see-saw to what I see and what I saw on my breakfast plate.
Lousy pun, I know. And an even lousier situation.
The only way out of it is to just say no to bread whenever it is offered to me.
Once again, it boils down to being disciplined.
But it´s maybe my only chance to get off this plateau.  Because losing four pounds every week only to regain them over the weekend will never get me off there.



Julia

No comments: