..not the political one. Just what is going on on my desk right now.
After my smoking relapse the day before yesterday, I want the bad stuff back out of my system asap. So, I´ve been drinking even more tea than usual and taking a megadose of vitamin C because that´s supposed to speed up the excretion of nicotine.
So, I filled up my cup twice already today, and have, of course, been running a bit more than usual ;). The up side of it is that my weight, too, has been shifting downwards again since yesterday, and I am curiuos to see what it will be tomorrow morning.
I think I was lucky in that the cigarillo did taste so definitely awful. Had I smoked one of my old poison -mentholated cigarettes- instead I might have gotten re-hooked. This way, just the smell that had stuck to the mucous membranes in my nose made me gag several times yesterday, which went a long way towards not wanting to repeat the experience.
And the fresh air on this morning´s walk felt even more precious after not being able to smell it yesterday.
Lesson learned.
Julia
No comments:
Post a Comment