2011/07/11

Things to be grateful for

I have spent the better part of the morning at the car registration office, getting new license plates for my car. Luckily, I have the freedom to chose my working time, within reasonable limits, so I had no trouble at work doing so.
When I climbed back into the car afterwards, what I felt mainly was glad to know that I was mobile again.
Actually, the enforced rest over the weekend has given me time to think about how we do, with many things- or people-  in our lives, cease to be grateful for them just because they are there all of the time. Only whe we lose them do we miss them. And then, when it´s about people, perhaps we´re sorry that we didn´t express our gratitude to them while we could.
So today I´m grateful for -my secretary who fielded off phone calls while I took care of the car, -the lady at the registration office who found a way to help me thru a bureaucratic mixup, -the guy who helped me put the new license plates on my car, -and of course and most importantly for my dear husband who made a run for the next ATM when we found out they didn´t accept debit cards at the place where the plates were made.
I´m grateful for -my car that´s running again,-my netbook I´m typing this on,-the file cabinet that allowed me to find the papers for my car quickly.

What are you grateful for today?


Julia

No comments: