2011/07/08

Stranded...

I´m hopping mad right now, that´s what. Just in time before the weekend, someone stole the license plates off our car. Without them, we may not drive, and to get new ones, you have to go and re- register your car.Of course, the place where you have to go to do that isn´t open on weekends, and besides, you have oodles of paperwork to take along, not counting the registration fees. I found out online they even charge you a fee for filing the declaration of loss of your old plates:(. So, this is going to be rather expensive.
We did already file a report of theft at the police, too, which meant that we were home very late.
I admit to eating too much this evening out of sheer frustration.Not much, but still.
And we are effectively stuck here all weekend long. Well, perhaps we´ll be able to do some decluttering...
On the up side, having tidied up the dreaded file cabinet several months ago meant that I have all of the pertinent documents on hand save one that is probably in the glove box in the car. I´ll have to look for it tomorrow.
And the web is a great thing because I could find out what these documents were even though it´s some time past midnight here and the car registration office was closed.
Still, the trouble and loss of time alone makes me hope they´ll catch the thief and give him or her their just deserts.


Julia

No comments: