2011/06/30

Drip drip

...that´s what I heard on getting up for my morning run today. It´s been svelteringly hot hereabouts yesterday, but overnight, a steady rain has set in, accompanied by a ten-degree drop in temperature. So, I looked outside, and ...

...resisted the temptation to stay inside! I put on my usual walking clothes, plus a cap with a big visor to keep the rain from getting on my glasses, and off I was.
And it turned out to be so worth it! The rain had washed down all of the dust and pollen that had been in the air, so, it was pure oxygen all the way, mingled with the wonderful smells of a freshly watered park.
The only ones who didn´t like the weather were a couple of crows sitting on the lawn, croaking mournfully.
I came back aired out and dripping wet, and just a bit proud of myself for not chickening out.
Oh, and more good news came from the scale, where another half-pound was off. So,2.2 kilos down, 21.8 to go.


Julia

No comments: