I should have known it. After all, it is summer. And that does mean it gets hot sometimes.
The problem, this year, is that temperatures are fluctuating wildly between "too-cold-to-go-out-without -a-jacket-on" and "too-hot-to-go-outside". I actually prefer the former, but, if given a chance to adapt, my body will also tolerate higher temperatures. Only, this year there seems to be no real chance of that yet. So, once again, I am sitting in my office with a big circular fan directed at my legs to keep me cold without sending all kinds of paperwork flying every which way. As this is a government-owned building, and the government must save, there´s no air condition in here other than these fans.
The part I hate most about this kind of weather is that my BP goes down immediately, making me tired and my legs and fingers swell up with water retention. Which, of course, messes up my weigh-ins, too. And the only time I can do my daily walking is very early in the morning before the sun starts heating up everything again.
Now, I´m not really an early riser. But if I want to see any progress towards my weight goals, that is exactly what I must become.
And I must be even more careful to watch my water intake, because the water retention is worse if I don´t drink enough. That means "bottoms up" regularly with my 15 oz. cup, and it also means lifting my bottom up from the chair somewhat more often;). Which isn´t bad, either.
I´ll see if that is what was missing for my weight to get moving again. Downwards, I mean.
And until then I´ll try not to have a complete meltdown (heat-wise only, of course).
Julia
No comments:
Post a Comment