For several days now, I have been going to bed an hour earlier. The result -somewhat confusingly- is that I am feeling, not less, but more tired in the mornings, which may be due to a typical sleep cycle lasting two hours, so it may just be that I am right now trying to get up in the middle of one where I was used to getting up at the end of one. The experimental way to verify that would be to go to sleep two hours earlier, something which would make a real impact on the way I spend my evenings.
Still, I did go out for my morning power walk every day, stumbling down the stairs from our flat half asleep still, and then slowly waking up fully while already striding through the lush greenery of the neighboring park.
I take it for a good sign of a habit becoming entrenched that I could walk half of my customary round of the park on autopilot, so to speak, and I can attest to the fact that pumping your body full of oxygene works as well as a cup of coffee to wake you up (not that I didn´t add the latter for good measure).
And I found out that the park has some new tenants. There´s a woodpecker with moss-green wings and a red head, and a pair of little black-and-white birds with bright red beaks whose antics make me smile every morning.
There has been a time in my life when I would not have appreciated something like that. I am glad I can appreciate it now.
Oh, maybe we will attack the long-planned rearranging and painting project in our flat this weekend. If I can get DH to help me...
Perhaps we should do some serious decluttering first, to further reduce the amount of stuff to deal with.
The worst part of the rearranging will be DH´s big bookcase and desk, both family heirlooms, that can´t be taken apart and will be a b**** to move around. Especially since they, of all the things to be moved, are supposed to go into a room on the opposite side of the flat, around a corner in a narrow corridor. If that doesn´t work, we´d have to rearrange the whole living room to fit those things into. You can tell easily I don´t like either item, but DH is totally attached to them, so there´s no chance of getting rid of them anytime soon.
This is going to be interesting...
Julia
No comments:
Post a Comment