2011/07/26

Hang on...

...and don´t give up. Easier said than done when I look at the way my weight has been practically stuck this year. I´m fluctuating around between 17 and 21 kilos lost, sometimes jumping from one extreme of that spectrum to the other within mere days, and I haven´t found a way yet to break through that barrier, even though I am convinced that I will be starting to lose regularly again if I do.
Of course, this plateau was also where my weight stayed for a while when going up, too. Still, I´d be glad if my body would decide to go on condensing itself instead of dithering in place.
Why that is so frustrating to me? Projections, that´s what. I have that habit of trying to make projections- or should I say predictions- about my future weight loss. As in "if I go on like this I´ll be down another...pounds by....". Or in "I´ll be down to.... in a matter of.....months".
Man thought, Fate laughed.
This is especially painful after things did start out so well last year. I´ve been losing more than I had been hoping for last year, in fact, I had, when starting out, little to no hope that this would finally work after being stuck in that fat suit for years.
But it did work, up to a point.
And that´s the point I´m stuck at. Relatively more comfortable to be, after all, I´m down 19 kilos on average and my pants size has come down to a 22 from a 27 (that´s German sizing, dunno what it would be in the US). But not where I wanted to be now. Not where I projected I could be now.
I only hope that this isn´t where the weight loss stops for good, because there´s still too much condensable matter on me, so to speak.
As I said, hang on.


Julia

No comments: