I just did the math on how much I may eat if I wanted to go back to being normal weighted.
1470 calories a day.
That is, if I stay inactive. Putting some cardio back into the equation might yield me a benefit of another 300 to 400 calories available, but that´s what the numbers are.
Right now, I have been eating around 1500 calories a day. That would be what I need to maintain a weight slightly above my goal of getting below a BMI 25. No getting lower than that unless I cut down on calories.
And- the other bummer- the caloric deficit I create in a day has shrunk to a measly 260 calories, meaning it takes me two weeks to lose a pound of fat at that going rate.
What with the amount of calories spent by my body decreasing with every pound lost, those thirty pounds I still have to lose would take me about 400 days to get rid of.
If I don´t rebound or plateau, that is.
Those weekend regains look a lot more sinister when looked at this way.
And the muffins in the bakery across the street, a lot less attractive. I have to chose what I value more- those and their ilk, or my health.
Mathematics are really great for putting one´s head back on turning in the proper direction.
Julia
No comments:
Post a Comment