2012/03/19

Need to know

I would have thought that my weight would have moved downwards, what with most of Saturday being spent getting the car repaired, and then walking home from the railway station. Lunch was nonexistant, dinner was leftover vegetable soup, and on Sunday, I tried to be very good about avoiding carbs, leaving the rolls for breakfast and the pommes croquette to DH and MIL. The end result? Up half a pound from Friday.
As I have only myself to feed this week (DH´s still at MIL´s), I am really curious if I´ll manage to get my weight moving downwards again if I bring out the big guns (no carbs, less than 1000 calories a day, and, if the weather forecast should prove right, resuming my morning walks, too). Being stuck on a plateau for over three months now, just before crossing the line to no longer being obese, is vexing.
With spring approaching rapidly and the first sunny days bringing temperatures up, it´s time for another wardrobe rollover. This year, the number of clothes I have in my exact size has gotten rather small, while there are bound to be plenty of things that have, by now, gotten too big for me to wear any more. While that looks like another trip to Goodwill in the foreseeable future, what is annoying is that I had hoped to be a bit further down with my weight so as to be able to buy any replacements in the next-smaller size from what I have now. That size, from what I remember, would fit me down to goal weight, at least in tops, blouses and jackets. As it is, I´ll probably have to buy some replacements that will take me through one more year, but hopefully will be too big, too, by next year.
When putting away my fur jacket and the warmest of the winter coats today, I came upon a navy blue blazer that I had bought at my top weight, which had somehow survived the last purge. Putting that one on in front of a mirror gave a striking impression of just how far I have already recondensed- I´d be able to button it on the side seams, under my arms! As I never again want to have to wear that size, it´s a choice of keeping it as a reminder, or donating it immediately. What with closet rod space being at a premium, keeping it for demonstration purposes probably isn´t the better option.
I think I know what I´ll use the next evenings for...there might be even more like that one hidden in my closet!


Julia

No comments: