2012/03/16

Sinus curve

This week, I´ve been having a bout with the common cold that was, all things considered, much lighter than what I used to have in the past years. Still, I was feeling a bit "off" for some days, and my sinuses are still feeling a bit stuffy.
I haven´t felt like eating too much, either, but my weight is still pretty much stuck. One pound above the limit of morbid obesity. Never mind, I know that that pound, too, is bound to come off as soon as my body is ready to recondense it.
Being a European size 44 again in jackets has brought up some regrets about the leather jackets I used to have in that size. I donated almost all of them because I did at that time not believe any more that I would ever be anything but fat. Today, I could wear them again. But then I know that there will probably be other jackets coming my way, and in the meantime, somebody else might have gotten good use out of them. As it is, I´m not going to replace them anytime soon. After all, I´m still more than thirty pounds away from being normal-weighted, and that is where I want to go in the long term. Getting to goal might mean going another two or three sizes down, too, and I´m not about to spend a lot of money on clothes that will be too big long before having had a chance of being worn often enough to justify their price. Besides, the ones I have in an intermediary size- the ones that were wide enough for me to keep on the off chance they´d ever fit again- aren´t yet too loose to wear. What with fashions being a bit oversized, I intend to wear them as long as possible (they are old favorites, too, which did perhaps influence my decision to not give up hoping they´d fit again).
And guess what- it feels good being able to wear them, and not have them cling to me like too-tight sausage skins!


Julia

No comments: