2012/03/09

Half a lousy kilogram...

..is what separates me from the land of Just Overweight right now. And my body, once more, has decided to hang on to it. For about three months now, my weight has been oscillating by some five pounds, always just above target. And even more than a full week with no carbs hasn´t helped me to break that barrier. Yes, I have been, on average, maintaining. But the downward line that looked so good in my weight graph until just before Christmas has been replaced by a mostly horizontal sinus wave kind of thing that looks like- frustration!
I know that my body is probably doing what it did last year when I plateaued for the first time, namely, rearranging itself at the weight reached, but still- last year that took over six months before anything would budge again. That this should happen again so close to getting away from morbid obesity is annoying.
The only thing I can do is keep staying on plan and hope that someday there´ll be a visit from the whoosh fairy and things will move downward again.
Well, perhaps, what with spring arriving, I should take up walking again. It´s just that it´s still freezing in the morning (which is the only time of day I´d have time to exercise), and I´m rather glad to have made it through this winter without catching a cold that far.
Until then, I keep myself motivated with small things, like wearing shoes that have a bit more of heel, which I couldn´t do for the longest time. These days, I rarely wear my flat shoes any more. Seeing my reflection in the glass door of our office building in my four-inch-heel ankle boots instead of flat-footing it to work gives me a lift every morning. And, guess what, my feet don´t even hurt in the evenings.

Now if I could only get off that plateau...


Julia

No comments: