2013/05/28

Tracking eye openers

Anyone who has been following my blog for some time knows that I am a bit obsessive about tracking my progress, or lack thereof. Be it FatWatch or Physicsdiet.com, whenever I am near a scale in the morning I weigh in and record my weight. As both of these programs give you long-time averages and trend curves, I can see which way my weight is developing. 
I found that especially helpful on the near-plateau I've been on for over a year. 
Just weighing in daily would have kept me under a false impression of security, because the day-to-day variations were actually rather smallish. Had I not kept those records, I would certainly have believed that what I did was maintaining.
Enter the FatWatch curves for the last quarter and the last year. Ouch.
Only when I looked at these did I recognize that I had been slowly and insidiously starting to Gain It All Back. Not in a big way yet, mind you, but the tendency was pointing in the opposite direction of where I wanted it to go. Had I continued that way, I would perhaps have reached my starting weight in less than a decade, instead of my goal weight next year. 
So, what I am working on is to pull that curve back down. 

Wrecking the train you're on can be as easy as closing your eyes to where you are going. 
Which is why intuitive eating would never work for me. 

Julia

No comments: