One more weekend at MIL's. This time, I went there wildly determined not to come back with a regain. And, while the proof of what I have been eating will be in tomorrow's weigh-in, I know that I did stick to my guns this time. No bread, no potatoes, no cake. The phrase"no thanks, I don't want any..." must have crossed my lips at least fifty times in two days.
Actually, not eating that stuff was not difficult. Having to keep refusing it sometimes was, especially when DH and DMIL would keep trying to persuade me.
So, I switched on the broken record. The one that is stuck at "no thanks".
Guess what, the world did not end. There was no anger, and MIL finished her plate, mostly, even though there was a lot less food on mine and some side dishes I left off my plate completely.
Which in turn means that MIL cannot and should not be a excuse for me to go off plan whenever we visit her. And that broken record should become a permanent fixture in my overnighter bag.
Julia
No comments:
Post a Comment