What I got for not reading labels? For one, a minor binge because I finished off that bag of nuts. In the evening, only the fact that there were no snack foods in the house kept me from another binge. I ate an apple instead and a big ass salad for dinner, which usually suffices. This time, it felt hard.
And this morning, well, let's leave it at mentioning I entered our bathroom several more times than usual.
So not worth it.
And another pointer to the fact that the very peanuts I regularly consume are, to me, a serious overeating trigger and probably also something I am intolerant of.
I saw that possibility mentioned in a book on food intolerance I once read in the library (I disremember the title and author, sorry). Namely, the author suggested looking at those foods one believes would be the hardest to give up as possible culprits for a food intolerance.
Looking at yesterday's experience, I should probably stay off peanuts indefinitely.
I'd never have thought the reaction to reintroducing them after ten days of abstinence would be that obvious. But then again, hadn't I already known that peanuts were one of the foods that I find it hard to eat just a bit of?
Learning and relearning my lessons. That seems to be the only way I can ever hope to make goal.
In spite of the effect the peanuts had on my digestion, those two extra pounds of water are still around. I have taken to flavoring the water I drink with a few drops of sugar free beverage syrup that is, as by the instructions, supposed to be diluted at a much more concentrated ratio, so if I use just a fraction of it I should be okay calorie-wise. At least it's easier for me to drink up my water that way. One liter while at work, another when at home, minimum. Plus plenty of vegetables.
Time for things to get moving downwards again.
Julia
No comments:
Post a Comment