2013/05/23

Skipping the hurdles

I took a few days off work over Pentecost, and once again, we went to visit MIL. I was a bit apprehensive about the effect that five days there might have on my weight, so I went there prepared. 
Namely, for breakfast and supper I took along thickly sliced smoked turkey meat, which I ate with a topping of horseradish sauce or mustard. No bread, no peanuts. On Monday, MIL invited us out. I had a dish of lamb chops and a salad. The two big potato dumplings that came with the meat I left untouched. In the evenings, I kept sipping on my water bottle.
The end result- up a pound from Friday, but that may be due to normal variations. And it's certainly preferable to the four pounds on average I used to gain there over just two days.
And still a good place to continue downwards from. 


Julia

No comments: