2013/05/10

Green leaves

...no, not spinach today, but on the bushes beside the entrance to the building where I work. Finally. Ascension day is a legal holiday over here, so I spent the day at home with DH. 
The average weight curve is finally pointing downwards again when I go back for one month, but the quarterly, six- month and yearly averages are still pointing upwards in an accusing red line. 
And the losses are smaller than they would have to be for me to get to goal in time for next year's birthday. At the going rate, I'd take about twice as long as that.
On the other hand, eating cleaner, without bread and legumes but plus plenty of fresh veggies, seems at least to help with the persistent fatigue that had been plagueing me in the last months. 
Which is a good thing after all. But I'm not completely satisfied as long as that condensable matter won't budge. 
The caloric difference between what I am losing and what I should be is... thirty to sixty minutes of exercise a day :(. 
I don't know myself why I am resisting the idea so much. Perhaps because I have never before been trying to juggle as many commitments as I am right now, all of which have to take precedence over my own wishes. Putting another thing on my plate that takes up so much time just doesn't seem doable. 
Actually, the only time I could even think about regularly carving out an hour of anything is in the mornings. Which, in turn, would mean having to go to bed an hour earlier or run an even bigger sleep deficit than I already have. 
Everywhere I look I read about exercise reducing fatigue. Great. If I weren't so fucking tired I might give it a try...
Just where do other people take the energy from?


Julia

No comments: