2013/05/15

Adding steps

Having upped my water intake for four days now, the effect better hydration has on my skin is undeniable. And today's weigh-in showed a two- pound loss, so it looks like my body has adapted to the better hydration already. 
On the adding steps from the Whole30 catalogue front, I have nixed the happy hour glass of beer in favor of another glass of water. I'll keep that up for a couple of days and see if that habit was what prevented any further weight loss. If my weight were finally starting to really drop again, I'd know that the choice for me was between keeping that habit or getting to goal. 
Wouldn't it be ironic if the things I had listed up which kept me from doing a Whole30 because I did not want to give them up were what I must give up to get off this plateau.
The points of greatest resistance, so to speak. 
But once everything else has been tweaked and retweaked to no avail, these are the only options left. 
My habits or goal.
Maybe it's time to step out of that comfort zone.

Julia

No comments: