2013/05/02

May I slay that groundhog?

The changes in what I eat are slowly starting to show a payoff, as the reacquired pounds are starting to leave my body again. Still, last year, same time I was at the lowest weight I had reached, and from then on, things went, essentially, up, with some downwards trends in between that effectively did no more than prevent an even bigger regain.
As regains go, the end result was not too terrible when compared to what I kept off. Still, seeing the resulting curve for the year is frustrating. Knowing that being less careful about what I ate was causing that regain, and I have only myself to blame for that, even more so.
Per today, I'm still up four pounds from that glorious day in 2012 when my weight finally went below 80 kilograms. Not obese, but still fat.
So, the damages aren't yet undone.
But I keep working on it.
Which means eating mostly unprocessed foods, watching my portions, nixing wheat, legumes and sugar, and cutting out all baked goods.
What with having fresh raw vegetable salads almost daily, I am already feeling a lot less tired than I had done all winter.
Now if that groundhog day feeling when weighing in were leaving...


Julia

No comments: