2011/03/23

Trusty garments

There´s one thing about losing weight that is not entirely positive, to say the least.
Having a favorite garment, one that you liked to wear, perhaps even practically lived in, become too loose to wear any more.
That´s what happened to me. I have, for several years, owned a very practical man´s leather vest I wore most of the time. It had several zippered pockets on the inside, and I could forgo dragging around a handbag when wearing it. Apart from that, having my wallet, phone and keys close to my body just makes me feel safer when using public transport, which I do often.
Unfortunately, I bought it at my top weight.
By now, it´s painfully obvious that it was made for a much bigger person.
I had already resigned myself to a sad farewell.
The insidious thing is that there even was that little voice that said "slow down your weight loss, you´ll be able to wear that vest even longer that way".

I believe that a lot of what makes weight loss is going on inside one´s head, and such thoughts can set up an unconscious blockage.
So, what was a girl to do?
Last week, I had a chance to visit the very outlet store my original vest came from. I didn´t have much hope of it happening, but they really still sold the same style of vest, and - they had one in my exact (present) size that is cut just like the old one, even in the same colour!
So, I have the "same" vest now I am used to having.
And the other one goes to DH (on whom it is also loose, but he´s taller than I am and wears it better).

I just love a story with a happy ending!

Julia

No comments: