2011/03/15

Mirror mirror...

I did go on that shopping expedition for fitting clothes last weekend, as I had some gift cards which I noticed just in time were about to expire.
As I need to be dressed for business, mostly, I found some blazers (that were on sale, too), some blouses (same), and then I went on the search for pants.
I found a pair I thought might fit, and then...
...I went into the visual torture chamber, aka the dressing room. Equipped with full-length mirrors, set up so you can see your backside, too, and lit with a merciless fluorescent light that makes every imperfection look twice as bad.
To be in such a room is bad enough if you stand still. To try on pants, you have to take off the pants you came in, and then bend over to climb into the ones you´re trying on. So, you have to move.
I always try not to look at my uncovered legs, but this time, there was no looking past it.
I am getting loose skin. Not as bad as it might be (maybe the protein shakes helped there), but still, visible. And jiggly, worse than when I was at my fattest.
It would be so nice if my body had the same shape on reaching a certain weight on the way down as it had at that weight when going up.
But then, I have stretched that skin with fat for several years. No wonder it won´t bounce back.
So, back to the good old brush massage, hoping for the best.

Still, why can´t they put different lighting in those dressing rooms? Feeling lousy isn´t such a great selling argument,is it?

The one thing I may not do now is regain the weight so my skin is well-filled up again. The loose folds will or won´t go away, but they are the price I pay for success.

And, on the up side, the clothes I bought did come from a "normal size" store, so, I am back in the land of standard-sized fashion. So, while the sight of my legs was a downer alright, I can celebrate being able to shop outside the fat-girl stores again.


Julia

No comments: