2011/03/15

Ouch!

Cleanliness can be a real danger....
Clumsiness, too.

To support my weight loss effort, I have been replacing my lunch with a protein shake. I also keep a thermos pot of hot water at my desk so I don´t have to make the run to the tea kitchen too often.
For the shakes, I have, naturally, a shaker. Made of plastic, with a tight lid.
I use that, and rinse it afterwards before the last drops of protein shake dry on..
Today, I wanted to be especially cleanly and put some of the hot water from the thermos in there. I thought I would shake that a bit and pour it in the sink next door. But no sooner had I closed the lid, it exploded upwards and I had the whole load in my face...

Luckily, the water wasn´t quite boiling any more. Still, I look as if I had been in the sun for too long, and the right half of my face is burning and red. Putting some lotion I have in my desk on it has helped a bit, still, this is probably what they call a first-degree burn, anyway. No blistering yet, fortunately. I´ll be dropping by the pharmacy on my way home for a topical ointment for burns.

So, next time, cold water for rinsing out my shaker.

And I am glad the water didn´t hit my computer array. And that I wear glasses and didn´t get the hot water in my eyes.

Still, I am mad at myself for not thinking that putting hot water in there could be dangerous. Call me doofus...


Julia

No comments: