In Europe, the night between April 30 and May 1st, Walpurgis Night, traditionally is believed to be the night of the great witches' dance on Mount Brocken. In contrast, the First of May, apart being a legal holiday, is usually filled with less pagan merrymaking, dancing, and wecoming the arrival of spring.
Which makes it a good starting place for implementing the changes in my eating plan I wrote about, too.
I'm planning to do a quick grocery run after work, as we are out of eggs and coffee, and I'll pick up some fresh meat, too, and veggies and almonds or cashews.
For some time, I have thought about getting myself a foreman grill. What kept me from buying was that all the models I found had teflon-coated plates. In last weekend's flyer, the supermarket where I shop had a foreman grill with ceramic non-stick coating as a limited offer. If they still have them tonight, I'll give that a try. Any fat-free way of preparing meat or veggies is worth looking into.
I used to use teflon-coated cooking utensils quite a lot, actually, but after I found out what chemicals I was exposing myself to, I have switched to stainless steel or cast iron, both of which need to be greased to keep food from sticking to them. While that might be manageable calorie-wise, there are dishes that are difficult to prepare in pots or pans that heat up quickly and hold the heat for a long time, as both cast-iron and stainless vessels do. If the ceramic coating of the grill works as well as a teflon one, I'll be looking for a pan coated with that stuff, too.
And get rid of my teflon pans for good, while still be able to fry things without added grease.
Every bit helps.
Julia
No comments:
Post a Comment