...that eating two slices of rye bread will wipe out most of the progress made in the preceding days?
And most of all, not be dumb enough to assume that the effect will be less pronounced because it is rye and not wheat?
The daily weigh-ins I do are making me quite aware of such things, unfortunately, after the fact.
The caloric reduction that comes with eating those salads for dinner (a bowlful of diced veggies, no carbs except those in the veggies, one tablespoon of oil in the dressing for a whole bowl, and one can of tuna preserved in water was yesterday's mix, plus a few non-caloric spices) has, by now, resulted in my being rather more hungry than usual, which leads to poor choices when coming home from work too famished to wait for DH to come home and dinner.
I am, actually, planning to pick up some ready-to-crunch veggies to be reserved for me and those crucial sixty minutes after coming home on our next grocery run. Perhaps I'll find a good recipe for a dip online, perhaps some kind of hummus (which I have not eaten yet, but I'm curious) or a guacamole if I find avocado on sale (they are, right now, prohibitively expensive).
I'll see what is available...
While I have been re-starting to lose these last weeks, the losses are painfully slow, at about half the going rate I'd need for getting to goal before next March. So, I still have to cut down on my calories.
I'm not giving up. Not after getting two thirds of the way there.
Now if my body would be a bit more cooperative...
Julia
No comments:
Post a Comment