When the banking crisis in Europe first hit the fan, one prominent spokesman of a large bank conjured up a shitstorm by calling a seven-digit sum " peanuts". The expression even went into common usage here in Germany. Peanuts=a trifle.
So this is what I am going to pull through in May. No legumes, including said peanuts. And no bread or pastry and such like. And no potatoes. And no sugar.
Rice in small amounts and durum wheat pasta, also in small amounts, will stay a part of my diet, so will dairy products and my usual protein shakes.
The mainstay of what I eat will be vegetables, fruit and lean meats, fish, and poultry. I'll also skip the canola oil for olive, walnut, and lard and cocos fat for frying.
If what the Whole30 guys say is true, there ought to be some improvement from that already.
What made me decide on this was an observation I made this week concerning my digestion. (attention, TMI).
After eating bread and donuts at MIL's last weekend, I had diarrhea for four days straight. My innards were bubbling like some cauldron, and what came out was completely liquid. I had no more bread or such after Monday, and today is the first day things are back to normal. As I had not eaten bread for some time before that, either, what I put my indigestion down to is bread, or probably gluten, though I suspect it might be something other not found in durum wheat, because durum wheat pasta doesn't have that effect on me bread does.
The four pounds I gained over the weekend are gone again, too. Now I must remember not to deviate from my eating plan on this weekend. Having wasted another week on losing the same four pounds over again is annoying. But then, I ought to have known, and employed better eating discipline.
Oh the 20-20 vision of hindsight...
Julia
No comments:
Post a Comment