Finally, warmer weather has arrived. This morning I woke up to bright sunlight, blue sky dotted with small white clouds, and temperatures that seem warm in comparison to what we used to have. So, I decided to walk to work instead of using the tram.
It isn't that far, about twenty minutes' distance. Still, I found myself slightly out of breath on arriving. Last autumn, I would walk that distance without feeling any exertion. The enforced rest over several months seems to have a worse impact on my shape than I thought. High time, thus, to get moving again.
The new refrigerator having arrived two weeks ago, I am taking advantage of the extra space and the vegetable crisper it has. We've been having fresh vegetable salads almost daily, and it's almost as if my body were sighing in contentment at finally getting the fresh stuff again instead of frozen and cooked vegetables.
Weight-wise, the curve is slowly turning back downwards again. I'll keep walking to and from work this week, to get started again, and then go on to resuming my morning walks in the park. Being so out of shape was not what I expected to happen. but then again, while I was busy most of the time it wasn't the physical kind of busy. Nor was the fatigue I have been feeling due to physical exertion. Getting back to moving regularly might even lessen it. And the sunshine will also help. Nothing like a walk in the sunshine to kick up those endorphins.
So, I should not let my fatigue get the better of me.
Julia
No comments:
Post a Comment