2012/11/03

Tubby revelation

It's been cold and wet over here during the last days, which meant a flare-up of my back and leg pain, probably from my muscles cramping up with the cold. So I decided to do something unusual and take a hot bath yesterday.
Now this is unusual because I had stopped bathing several years ago. Not what you think, I do of course shower daily, but that bathtub.... I had stopped using it after a particularly humiliating experience of being wedged in there so tightly that I had to call for DH to help extract me from it. Plain and simple, I had become too fat to use that tub. So I didn't.
Those sore muscles yesterday made me rethink that decision. After all, I'm down five clothes sizes from that day of humiliation.
Guess what, I'm also down one bathtub size- not only did I fit in there, I had several inches of wiggle room on either side. Comparing that to the memory of that beached whale stuck in the same tub fighting to extract myself from it sure brought home how far I have come since that day.
So it wasn't just the hot, fragrant water I enjoyed, but also a major NSV.
Which helped the soreness and upped the motivation.



Julia

No comments: