2012/11/16

Chocolate

Sometimes, it just has to be...chocolate. I guess most of us know that feeling. Unfortunately, that means sugar, too, if you go for the usual sources, and fat. And calories.
I have been bitten by the chocolate bug several times, lately, too, which used to eff up my daily stats quite spectacularly.
Until...
I discovered that you can make tea from cocoa nibs, and they also sell it in ready-to-infuse teabags.
So, when the itch for chocolate strikes... I'll have a nice cup of hot cocoa tea, no milk added, and satisfy the itch at zero calories and eight ounces of water.
And for those chocolate dessert attacks...in the shelf with baking ingredients you'll most likely find unsweetened cocoa powder. That and a tablespoon of ground almonds mixed with unsweetened greek youghourt makes for a fully satisfying, low-carb and high-protein treat that I can easily work into my daily plan.
I know, some people claim that thinking of any food as a treat is a sign of a fat mindset, but I, for one, believe the Creator equipped us with taste buds for a reason. Besides, I might lose weight eating tasteless food, but to me, the good taste of a well-seasoned food is an integral part of quality of life. And calling it a treat just means that it is something that has to stay a rare event, because what I have every day is no longer special.
Picking the best choices and eating in moderation. That's the key to losing, not going all food puritan only to spend too much willpower on avoiding a binge.


Julia

No comments: