They are your friends, your family, your colleagues at work.
They mean well, mostly.
They are social because they want to share.
And they have no idea what they are doing.
Around christmas, they arrive in full force.
Food pushers.
Freshly baked or store-bought cookies. Chocolates. Offered with the conviction that the offerer is about to give the recipient something really good.
Which is true, if one takes a high calorie count to be a sign of goodness.
For someone who needs to lose weight, these offers are sheer poison.
Even when you have just one, the amount of sugar and fat in most christmas "goodies" will mess up your food intake. And who has just one? Or who doesn't want more after eating just one?
I have decided for this year to abstain from those offers.
No, thanks.
I'm sure they are delicious, but no, thanks.
I'm not trying just one, thanks.
These will be my security lines, along with my food journalling app.
If those food pushers realized what they are really doing, they might stop pushing. But knowing they are not likely to get it anytime soon, what I can do in the meantime is stop being a pushover.
Just because it's christmas doesn't mean I have to throw away everything I have achieved until now. The last months were a dire warning for me about how fast that could happen.
So, for christmas, I do not want cookies. I do not want chocolate.
What I want is my body to continue the journey to the land of Normal Weight.
And if I have to offend anybody by saying No to their food offers, so be it.
Everybody who really means well ought to understand that.
Julia
No comments:
Post a Comment