2012/11/30

Getting back on the downward path

For one week now, my daily weights were below the limit of obesity again, and my weight curve pointing downward again. So I am confident to be able to get below that ten-kilo mark down to the next decade again before christmas.
I have found that every time I allowed a regain to happen, it was slower to come off than when losing that span of weight for the first time around. Whether that is due to metabolic changes associated with aging or to the effects of weightloss as such, I don't know, but in any case if I want to have a chance at getting to goal, i.e. BMI 25 or below, within the next 15 months, that means I have no wiggle room whatsoever for any dietary indiscretions during said 15 months. I still have about thirty pounds to get rid of before I may call myself normal-weighted again, and long-time losses, for me, have been happening at a rate of two pounds per month on average. Anything higher would thus not be realistic to expect.
Which means that I might be setting myself up for failing my goal if I allowed any regains to happen until then.
Which means sticking to my diet over Christmas, sticking to my diet during any holiday in-between, and knowing that every single off-plan splurge might spell failure for my greatest wish I have for that big five-oh day.
Knowing that, it ought to be easier to tell that piece of stollen or chocolate or that potato dumpling or whatever to get off my plate and away from my body, because there is just no way I would wish to have one of them as much as I want to be normal-weighted again.


Julia

No comments: