2012/11/08

Back to the grindstone

Having a new tablet means finally having access to all those nifty apps they have. Aftr seeing it mentioned on a blog, I decided to try out the My fitness pal app. It's basically the same thing as Sparkpeople, but I think it's less complicated to use.
The only hitch with those US apps, for someone who lives in metric country, is that most measurements are non-metric. The effort needed to convert grams to ounces has been putting me off journaling a bit. And then I took a look at the workings of my digital food scales and found out that by simply hitting a button I can effortlessly switch from grams to ounces and back. So there's no excuse any more for not keeping track of what I eat.
One extra the app has is a weight projection feature, as in "if every day were like today, in five weeks you'd weigh...". It's a real waker-upper on days when food intake was less than optimal. Seeing how a single day of unrestrained eating, if it became habit, would make my weight skyrocket again, is quite educational. Now if I manage to transform that into getting back to recondensing...


Julia

No comments: