2011/08/10

Mirroring reflections

Yesterday, I went shopping during lunch break. I had to stand in line at the cash register for some time, and they have a mirrored wall right opposite it. I have, for a long time, avoided looking in that direction so I would not have to face myself.
Yesterday, I looked. What I saw was an average-looking woman, perhaps even looking somewhat younger than the number in my passport, wearing jeans, a leather jacket and a pair of boots with a little heel.
What I did not see was The Blob I had been avoiding to look at. I did not look grotesquely fat any more, but average. 
And that means yes, I look better because I lost those almost forty pounds. I feel better, too.
I have lost almost forty pounds. And I can lose forty more, even if it takes longer than with the first forty.

I needed that reminder, I really did.
Never ever ever give up.


Julia

No comments: