There it is again- the weekend. Just as this is a planet where everybody is forced to spend 1/7 of their lives on Mondays, it´s also a planet that has, at least hereabouts, 2/7 of the total time occupied by weekends. While that seems to be, mathematically, obvious it´s also a big source of frustration to me these last weeks when looking at my weight graphs.
During the week from Monday thru Friday, my weight usually goes down fairly steadily. What does me in every time is the weekend. I haven´t managed lately to keep my weight at least stationary over the weekend, thus ending up regaining and then losing the same four pounds (or worse) over and over again.
So what are my intentions for this weekend?
-go easy on anything with carbs in it (if possible, avoid it altogether)
-halve the portions of anything else
-keep away from nuts
So, no bread for breakfast, and no more than one tablespoon full of anything rice, pasta or potato.
They used to have a kind of pasta that was made from soy protein instead of grains at the health food shop. Perhaps I should go look for that again. The downside is that it is rather pricey, but then again, if I get by this plateau, the expense would be worth it.
I´ll see what the weekend brings...
Julia
No comments:
Post a Comment