2011/08/23

I´m melting

...and so are the pounds (I hope). I´m sitting at my computer with an electric fan at my feet to keep from dissolving in a puddle. I know, people from, say, Nevada would scoff at this but 34 degrees centigrade at 60 percent humidity is enough to make me wish for a big glass of something cool.
The weekend was, at least where good intentions were concerned, a success. I maintained, which is more than I could say about most of the other weekends this year, and I am determined to get the weight even lower down. The heatwave we are having right now helps there because I´m just not hungry.
The down side is that it also keeps me from attacking the bigger projects I have for my flat. Getting a stroke because of overexerting myself would not do it at all.
And on the exercise side, the only time I can do anything there is very early. Well, I never said I was built for the tropics...
I had a small NSV this morning when I went through my closet for something airy to wear to work. I mentioned the factory outlet shop I used to frequent before, and on one of the last visits they had a four-piece mix-and-match linen ensemble where the jacket and vest fit me okay, but the pants and shorts were way too tight. I took them along anyway because I liked the style, but had never been able to wear them. Today, I decided to finally try them on and- they fit! Except for the trousers being way too long, but now I can see what needs to be taken off the length. Maybe I´ll take out my sewing machine tonight and shorten them. Unless I melt down first, that is.

And now I´m off for something cool and my balcony.


Julia

No comments: