2011/08/16

Freezing my bottom off

No, I have not moved to the land of the kiwis who right now have plenty of that white stuff you get in winter.
But  I have a NSV to celebrate, and it has to do with my trusty freezer.
You see, I have always loved curry dishes. The warm yellow goodness of chicken and ananas, coated with generous amounts of sauce, mixed with mounds of rice... I usually ended up stuffing myself to the point of bursting at the seams. The fact that ananas comes mostly in big cans and chicken breast filets are sold in packs of four meant having to use up all of the packages if I didn´t want to have part of it spoil in the fridge before I got around to using it up.So, there was always plenty of curry to overeat on. I had stopped making curry dishes because I deemed it too risky for me.
Yesterday, I prepared a chicken and curry dish for dinner, in the usual amounts.
And then I went on to serve it, in bowls half the size of the ones I usually take for curry dishes. With just two tablespoons of cooked rice for each bowl, and two soup ladles of the curry on top.
Guess what- both DH and I found that to be enough!
And the remaining rice and curry went into two portion-sized microwaveable containers and into the freezer, for DH to brown-bag it to work.
So, what used to be one dinner will now be one dinner for two plus two lunches for DH, thanks to being able to use the freezer.
And I have, this morning, not had to face any damages on the scales the way I was used to after having had curry.
For me, that is what it means to freeze my bottom off.
If I eat just small portions and freeze the leftovers in single portions, I will most likely be able to condense my rear end some more, and I won´t have to pay for it by not being able to eat my favourite dishes any more. The only thing it takes is the willpower to put any surplus into the freezer instead of into my mouth.


Julia

No comments: