That´s what I was this morning. The weather is still wonderful, no rain this morning, so, no excuses, either.
So, I jumped out of bed, straight into my walking clothes and shoes, and went for a 45-minute round of the municipal park we live close to.
I had stopped my nordic walking routine last December when the first frosty mornings with ice on the pathways came, and it has been too cold most mornings to pick it up again until now.
What it feels like to be walking again? All aired-out, and incredibly awake.
What came as a pleasant surprise was that I have obviously not lost all of the positive effects last year´s walking had on me, condition-wise. I walked my usual distance, did not (like at the beginning of my weight loss journey) have to stop and catch my breath several times, but walked on and took just 1/9th more time for the distance than in December.
And yes- it feels as if the cobwebs had been blown out of my head by the fresh morning air.
So, this is definitely going to be a daily routine again.
I´ll see if it also helps me break through the plateau I´ve been stuck on for three months now.
Even if it didn´t, the good feeling definitely is worth getting up early even for a confessed night-owl like me.
Julia
No comments:
Post a Comment