Definitely not my kind of weather.
At least we did restock our freezer over the weekend so there's no need to go grocery shopping in the heat.
As the unperishable foods (ie carbs) that found their way into our pantry to fuel us during the emergency are, by now, mostly used up, things are slowly getting back to normal.
Except that having eaten a carb-rich diet for over a week I now am back to battling carb cravings like I didn't have for a long time.
Maybe there is truth in the claims of sugar being addictive. In that case, a sugar detox would be in order if I want to get back on the losing streak that was so rudely interrupted by the flood.
As it is, I still have digestive problems, and in spite of having had my usual two-egg breakfast, I am ravenously hungry by noon.
Just what I needed to happen... I just hope the weather guys were wrong about how hot it will become this week. Carb cravings plus melting in the heat is a bit too much.
Julia
No comments:
Post a Comment