2013/06/20

It's a jungle out there

...at least if I look at the temperature and humidity. As there is still plenty of water in the ground from the flooding, the forty-degree centigrade (about 100 degrees Fahrenheit) heat vaporizes that. The result feels like a Turkish steam bath, except I still have to work in that climate. 
As always when it's that hot, I'm retaining water, which means swollen hands and feet and my weight going up at a rate of about a pound a day. 
Exercise is, at least for me, a physical impossibility right now. I'm glad if I make it home from work without collapsing halfway to the tram stop. 
My office has no A/C, so all I can do to keep my cool is switch on the big fan under my desk and drink lots of water.
The forecast says severe thunderstorms tonight and ten degrees less tomorrow.
I just hope it's true.


Julia

No comments: