2013/06/10

Hosing down

As our landlord announced that the whole cellar will be hosed down and cleaned today, we dragged the remaining stuff with the exception of our tires, two ladders and one bicycle upstairs yesterday. I spent the remainder of the day hosing down flower pots, boxes and one complete set of china in our bathtub. The china I dumped into a tub full of desinfectant after rinsing off the muck and let it soak overnight, so I can put it away tonight. And after the cellar is cleaned, I can put my other bicycle ( that still sits upstairs, blocking half the staircase) back down there again, as well as the big boxes holding flower pots. 
The weather is still doing somersaults. After a rather dryish and partly sunny week that helped greatly with clearing out the flood debris, it has been raining hard for two days again. As long as the water drains away, that's fine with me, as the rain washes off at least some of the muck that still coats the streets. 
The permanent smell that permeates everything should also diminish, which would be nice because the forecast says now we're expecting a heatwave. And a mosquito invasion because they have ideal breeding conditions on the flooded areas. 
Gas and hot water will probably be back tonight. 
I'll shower until I notice fins sprouting...

It's good to see normalcy returning...

Julia


No comments: