Once again, I spent the weekend after a stressful work week at MIL´s place. As usual, that meant eating stuff I shouldn´t eat, such as potatoes and bread. Even though I managed to keep the portions small, on Monday morning, back on my trusty scales, it meant yet another uptick in my weight, back to square 64 and a total of nine pounds regained. Not good.
So, I decided to shake things up a bit, namely, by going back on a strictly low-carb regimen of bacon and eggs for breakfast and protein shakes for everything else. I know, not sustainable in the long run, but I have to get my body back into recondensing mode, and those pure protein shakes are the quickest way I know of doing just that.
I´m rather glad that they come in a variety of flavours so I can alternate between different tastes. I have been trying out a different brand, too, which was on sale lately, and which doesn´t have any added carbohydrates either. Right now, I´m sipping on a straciatella flavored shake which also satisfies any sweet tooth I might have.
Another thing I have to work on is the sleep deficit I accumulated last week. It´s a bit of a senior moment realizing that I can´t pull an all-nighter any more and be back to functioning normally the day after the next day on just one night of regular sleep. So, early to bed and early to rise. If anybody had told me that when I was a student I´d have declared them crazy, being a confirmed night owl who only came into my own several hours into the afternoon and then worked until well after midnight. I just hope there won´t be any more emergencies like last week´s in the near future.
And, of course, I hope the protein shake thing will get me below that threshold of obesity again, fast. Because if it doesn´t, fasting seems to be the only alternative left, and that´s out of the question if I want to stay functioning.
Keeping my fingers crossed and trying to ignore the increasing growls of my stomach,
Julia
No comments:
Post a Comment