2012/08/23

Short and sweet

When temperatures soar, so do garment hemlines. Unless you have decluttered all of your high-temp clothes. Which is what had happened to me. I had, quite a while ago, ditched all of my wide, wide linen pants and skirts, and hadn´t bothered to replace them as the weather wasn´t hot enough to warrant the expense. And now there I was, stuck with, at least at home, wearing my running shorts. So, at the next visit to the mall, I looked for end-of-summer sales on something lighter to wear. What turned up was a pair of white cotton shorts.They had them up to a size...L. Without an x in front. And without elastic material. As they were really cheap, I took along a pair, not bothering to try them on first. At home, the first thing I did was peel myself out of my long blue jeans and slip them on.
Guess what, they fit. Size L, from a regular-size store. I haven´t worn size L pants since...I can´t even remember. So, even though my weight has been plateauing for about four months now, it looks as if my body is rearranging itself at the weight reached again. My thighs, too, seem to have condensed. At least, standing in front of my mirror, while I may never be Miss Great Legs, what I see when wearing those shorts looks at least- tolerable.

Which also hasn´t been the case for way too long.
For now, I´ll take tolerable any time.


Julia

No comments: